Last Updated: March 08, 2019
Types of Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Personal Data You Provide to Us
We collect personal data that you provide when you:
- Contact us by email; and
- Subscribe to a Substantial mailing list.
If you contact us by email, we will collect the information provided in your email, which may include personal data such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, or work information (e.g. company name, job title). If you subscribe to a Substantial mailing list, we will collect the email address you submit to us.
Personal Data Collected Automatically
In addition to personal data that you provide to us, we also automatically collect information every time the server on which the Site is located is accessed by you. This information is collected in the form of server log files. The information collected includes the name of the webpage and/or file accessed by you, the date and time of access, the amount of data transferred, the type of web browser used by you to access the Site, device type, device ID, your operating system, the referring URL (of the previous page linking to our Site), and your IP address.
We collect this information to better understand those who visit the Site, where they come from, and what content on the Site is of interest to them. We use this information for internal analytical purposes and to help us improve the quality and relevance of the Site to visitors.
How We Process/Use Your Personal Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use personal data that you provide to us or that we collect:
- To respond to an email that you send to us;
- To provide information or content that you’ve subscribed to receive;
- To provide you with notices about our business and services and changes to the Site;
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our business; and
- In any other manner that we describe to you when you provide personal data to us and for which you provide your consent.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties or provide it to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties as described below:
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties who provide services to us or perform actions on our behalf, such as email campaign marketing, customer relationship management, and surveys;
- If we have a legal obligation to do so or reasonably believe that an applicable law requires such disclosure;
- We may disclose your personal data to a governmental authority that is conducting an investigation if the governmental authority requests the personal data;
- To third parties that help us to detect, protect against and respond to fraud and security vulnerabilities;
- To third parties where we reasonably believe it necessary to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, visitors to our Site, and third parties;
- To those third parties and for such purposes that we describe to you when you provide personal data to us and for which you provide your consent; and
- If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undergo a corporate reorganization (including, but not limited to, a merger or consolidation), the assets of our business, including your personal data, will be shared with the acquiring or new business entity.
How We Protect Personal Data
We have implemented reasonable, state-of-the-art physical, electronic, and procedural measures intended to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unlawful or unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of any personal data transmitted to or through our Site. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.