Copywriter/Content Strategist (Contract)
We’re looking for a copywriter (with bonus points for content strategy) to help us create compelling B2B and B2C content across multiple projects and audiences. We need someone who thrives with a variety of needs - bouncing from marketing our internal products to boost awareness to revamping our case studies so our clients feel more connected to other projects. This individual must have a keen eye to detail and ability to deliver quickly and consistently across multiple needs. Our ideal candidate will also go above and beyond, helping identify and teach us the best ways to make our content more measurably effective.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Gather requirements, research, and use data to better understand our current content & create strategies for improvement
- Craft original concepts and execute copy to uphold a consistent voice / tone for each product across multiple channels
- Set up tone and style guidelines as needed to ensure consistency moving forward
- Confidently articulate and objectively explain your decisions and deliverables to your internal stakeholders using research and data
- Constantly collaborate with your project team members and stakeholders to advance your project’s success
- Balance your workload and effectively communicate timelines and needs across multiple projects
Who You Are:
You are a collaborative team member
You eagerly work together with your teams and stakeholders to hear a product vision, turn that vision into engaging copy, and enjoy the change that comes from an iterative environment.
You are a curious writer
You are a fast learner who actively seeks to understand more about the projects and products on which you’re working, to better serve them and stretch your intuitive sense for language through each one.
You believe in results
You’re eager to jump in on tasks to support your team as needed, with no ego or complaints.
You have the experience:
- 3+ years of content writing experience working with digital products, agencies, and/or start-ups, and a professional portfolio of published work to show it
- Experienced at conceptualizing and writing clear, persuasive, on-brand copy for multiple channels with proven, measurable results
- Strong attention to detail as well as editing and proofreading skills
- Strong understanding of SEO practices
- Ability to understand various audience types and adapt voice and style accordingly
- Self-directing to identify needs, communicate clear timelines, and efficiently meet deadlines
- An understanding of how to use research and data to perform analyses and make informed decisions
- Passion for crafting content and filling in strategies from the ground up, with limited existing structure
- Familiarity with Google Docs and content management systems preferred
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing or a related field preferred
Our added ideals for a content strategist/copywriter right now include:
- Proven experience working with digital products, agencies, and/or start-ups
- Located in the Seattle, WA area
How to apply:
To apply please send us the following:
- A brief hello describing who you are, why you’re interested in this opening, and how it aligns with your career goals
- Your resume
- At least 3 samples of work, including the impact of each piece
- (Optional) An example of something that inspires you
Substantial is a Seattle-based digital product studio. We build experiences to empower and connect people through the web, mobile, and connected devices. Our work ranges from mobile apps to large, embedded multi-touch installations for Fortune 500s, startups, social impact organizations, and local to global brands. No matter what we’re focused on, the products we build go beyond just development and design – we’re here to solve problems, create responsibly, and build relationships.
Substantial is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.