Full Charge Bookkeeper
Substantial is a Seattle-based digital product studio. We build experiences to empower and connect people through the web, mobile, and connected devices. Our work ranges from mobile apps to large, embedded multi-touch installations for Fortune 500s, startups, social impact organizations, and local to global brands. No matter what we’re focused on, the products we build go beyond just development and design – we’re here to solve problems, create responsibly, and build relationships.
What You’ll Do:
As a Full Charge Bookkeeper you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations of the company. You will work closely with decision-makers providing support in preparing reports and insights as requested. You will also have the ability to design and implement financial processes and policies that keep the company in compliance and running smoothly. You’ll be a key player in communicating with our accountants and maintaining our banking relationship. We believe in running Agile/Lean in every department at Substantial- prioritizing, eliminating waste and continuous improvement are integral to this role. In your day-to-day you will:
- Design and maintain financial procedures
- Manage banking relationship
- Manage AR/AP
- Administer expense management
- Record keeping
- Run payroll
- Prepare 1099 forms
- Liaise with accountants
- Enter transactions into Quickbooks
- Create financial reports
- Manage fixed asset records
- Cash-flow planning
- File local (WA and CA) taxes
Who You Are:
You are a self-directed problem solver
You know how to identify problems and explore solutions without much guidance.
You practice effective time management
You recognize there is no shortage of things to be done and know how to prioritize your efforts.
You are a strong written and verbal communicator
You know how to present your ideas clearly to audiences that may not have the same finance background you do.
You are personable and authentic
You know how to be professional yet be your real self when working with others.
You are detail-oriented
You pay attention to the small things in addition to being concerned about the big picture.
You have the experience:
- Accredited Bookkeeping certification or related accounting degree
- 3-5 yrs experience (tech industry experience a plus)
- Familiarity with GAAP procedures and practices
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Familiarity with G-Suite products & ability to learn new tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for collaboration and growing with others
How to apply:
- A brief hello describing who you are, why you’re interested in this opening, and how it aligns with your career goals
- Your resume (PDF or Markdown/text preferred)
- (Optional) An example of something that inspires you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.